On March 20, 1838 the county records show that in consideration of the sum of $19, Adam Winn deeded the railroad a right-of-way through his lands. In November 1837 and again in February of 1838 the president and directors of the railroad had appealed to the Wayne County Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions to force Winn to sell them a right-of-way. At that point the railroad was getting near the county line. Winn sold in 1838. It is believed that Winn’s land lies along present day Center Street.