Greetings from the Wesley Smith Chapel community.
Our hearts were saddened to receive the news of Larry Bell who passed away on Tuesday morning (May 25) at 2 a.m. at a nursing facility in Mount Olive.
Please let’s keep the Bell family of Faison in your prayers. A graveside service will be held Wednesday at 11 a.m. at the Faison Cemetery. Garris Funeral Home is handling the arrangements.
- St. Luke Church of Christ, 636 Waller Road, invites you to worship services every first and third Sunday at 11 a.m. with Elder Kenneth Freeman delivering the sermons. Bible study is held every Wednesday at 7 p.m. Sunday school is held at 9:45 a.m. with Superintendent and Trustee Linda Moore. Come and join us as we celebrate men’s day and Father’s Day. Music will be rendered by Minister Earl Harvey.
- St. James Church of Christ, 514 S. Breazeale Ave., invites you to worship every second and fourth Sunday of the month at 11 a.m. Elder Ernest Watson and Evangelist Sadie Watson invite you to come and fellowship. Bible study is held online via Zoom every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Sunday school is at the church at 10 a.m.
- Goshen Disciple Church, 7120 Suttontown Road in Faison, invites you to come and fellowship as its doors open to worship every second, fourth and fifth Sunday at 11 a.m. Elder Donald Dewitt serves as pastor of the church.
- New Life Worship Center, 218 Maple St., invites you to join the congregation as it returns to in-house worship every first, second and fourth Sunday of the month at 11 a.m. Pastor Elder Janice Williams invites you to come and worship with them.
- Holy Temple Church, 405 E. Parker St. in Calypso, invites you to worship with the congregation every second and fourth Sunday of the month at 11 a.m. where Elder Scottie Rodgers serves as pastor.
Congratulations to Dr. Schenita Davis Randolph on being promoted to associate professor at Duke University in Durham. Schenita is the daughter of me, Glenda Ward Davis, and Charles Davis of Winston-Salem.
- May 26: Elder Donald Graham and Florence Graham, who celebrated 45 years in marriage.
- May 23: Morris Ward of Greenville, North Carolina; and Constance Lindsey of Maryland.
- May 24: Romonta Ratley Boykin of Greensboro; and Carolyn Allen.
- May 25: Pamela Simmons Williams.
- May 27: Pastor Gertie Stevens; Clara Coley Jackson; and Steven Ward of South Carolina.
- May 28: Angelena Bowden Bryant; Bertha Thompson; and Carolyn Boykin.
- May 29: Alicia Boykin Stretter; Elder Leotha Forte of Clayton; and me, Glenda Ward Davis.
- May 30: Peggy Ward; and Cindy Davis of Winston Salem.
- May 31: Harold Ward and Von Ruffin.
May God bless all of the May babies. Some I don’t know but I wish everyone a Happy Birthday.
Thought for the week: I’m smiling not because I’m stronger than my problems, I’m smiling because my God is stronger than my problems. Please have a safe and blessed Memorial weekend.