The board of advisors of the Duplin County Community Foundation recently announced $9,774.40 in local grant awards from its Duplin Foundation for Youth Advancement Fund.
The board granted:
• $3,622.20 to Duplin Christian Outreach Ministries for Feed Our Hungry Children Backpack Ministry program
• $1,500 to Duplin County Sheriff’s Office for its DARE program
• $1,000 to Grady Outlaw Memorial Library for computer software needs
• $1,000 to Mediation Center of Eastern Carolina-Duplin for the Teen Court and Community Outreach program
• $2,622.20 to Rones Chapel Area Community Center for its Tutor to the Top program
Bob Kornegay, board president, thanked the community for its continued support of the Duplin Foundation for Youth Advancement Fund and the Duplin County Community Foundation.
“We are proud to support these nonprofit programs that are so vital to the community,” Kornegay said. “We are grateful to the many generous individuals and organizations that have supported our work to inspire philanthropy across our community.”