Small barn fire leads to residence catching fire in Dudley

Posted

Thursday afternoon firefighters from Mar-Mac, Dudley, and Thoroughfare were dispatched to the scene of a structure fire at 200 Hack Drive Dudley.

As firefighters arrived on the scene they found a barn located behind the resident fully engulfed in flames that had collapsed to the ground. The fire managed to spread to the resident and set it on fire also.

Firefighters approached the structure with a small handline and began to battle the blaze in the resident. Fire Officials on the scene believed the cause of the fire came from a pile of leaves and tree limbs that were burning out behind the barn that eventually got out of control.

Firefighters remained on the scene for about an hour and a half making sure the fire was out. Wayne County EMS Station 8 paramedics assisted on the scene with the operation.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment