Monday afternoon, members of the Dudley Fire Department were dispatched to a "possible structure fire" on Brogden Street just off of the Old Mount Olive Highway. As firefighters arrived on the scene they found that the fire was a generator that was laying on the ground at the end of a Mobile home.
The contractor was working on the home when a generator located in the bed of there work truck caught on fire. Thanks to the quick action of the workers taking a shovel and pulling the burning generator out of the truck, the fire didn't increase in size. It did, however, burn the grass near the mobile home.
Firefighters used a booster line to quickly douse the fire. No one was injured, and firefighters remained on the scene for about a half hour.