County building permits were recently obtained to complete work on a burned out section of town hall.
The final phase began last week.
ServePro, a contractor employed by the town, has put up sheet rock, lowered the ceiling, installed carpet and worked on a few other matters.
Jammie Royall, town manager, hopes the displaced employees can return to their offices in February.
A Labor Day fire destroyed the town clerk’s office and caused approximately $150,000 in smoke and water damage to seven additional offices. A faulty electrical outlet caused the destruction.