GOLDSBORO - Wayne County Public School officials listened to the Class of 2020 and voted to allow seniors to hold graduation ceremonies at their respective schools.
However, there are some stipulations:
- Just 2 guests permitted per graduate;
- Guests from different households will be required to sit 6 feet apart;
- Both home and away bleachers can be used for seating with the stages placed in the end zone;
- All attendees are required to wear a mask. Once seated and meeting the required social distancing rule, they may remove the mask;
- All attendees will be required to present a signed waiver before getting their ticker to the graduation ceremony, which limits liability for WCPS should anyone contract COVID-19.
There are still details left on the table. Each school must submit how many people it can hold in its respective football stadium.
For more on this story, see the June 3 edition of the Mount Olive Tribune.